The Old Church in Hope stands in its preserved condition since its construction in the spring of 1908. Emma Crandel, an early Bonner County resident, organized the first congregation in 1889. It was on February 17, 1907, that Wellington F. Sharai deeded the land for the price of $1. On March 5, 1908, Reverend George A. Wells became the first pastor for a congregation of seven. This church served the community for more than 80 years. The church was purchased by Brent and Gretchen Lockwood in 1998 after the Methodist congregation moved to a larger venue near Clark Fork, Idaho.